A sidebar in the February 2010 issue of Inview alluded to running STK Engine in a browser. To demonstrate this capability we created a showcase now available online at the following URL: http://spacedata.agi.com/stk. Currently only one application (called VDF Sampler) is exposed. In the future we plan to add more applications, covering the various features of STK Engine.
The video below shows how the web application works.
A few highlights:
- The showcase application works without an STK install.
- STK Engine (~55MB) is downloaded once, the first time an application is run.
- This includes 2D, 3D and all the analytical power from STK.
- This is built using WPF Browser Applications (XBAP).
- This will not interfere with a regular STK install (if present on the machine).
- Demo licenses are included, so there is no additional step required to run the demo.
- Running this web application does not require administrative rights.
- New versions and updates are automatically downloaded.
Check it out when you get a chance! It should only take a few clicks and a few minutes to play with this...